Every Friday, I post my favourite links, posts, & resources from around the Web. Expect to learn, grow, & be inspired.
- – – – – – – – -
1. Secret Secret Garden Party: My friend Julie has an amazing baking blog. She shares the most delicious recipes & the most gorgeous photographs. I highly recommend checking her out. I loved this post wherein she planned a top secret garden party to celebrate her sister’s birthday. So lovely.
2. A car is not merely a faster horse: I’ve been doing a lot of presentations/speaking engagements recently about leadership. One of the quotes that I always use in my talks is: “If I had given my customers what they wanted, I would have built a faster horse” by Henry Ford. This post by Seth Godin expands on that idea & gives it a modern twist.
3. The cult of overwork: “The school of “work your butt off, everything else comes second” is bad for business and bad for people.”
4. Acceptance: What happens when you are pushed over the edge? How do you move on? This is a great post about how one woman broke her ties with a corporate nightmare. “Real acceptance is knowing you did your part, and emotionally peering forward without major regrets.”
5. Take Pride in Your Beliefs (and Why I Love the Gays): Colin says exactly what I’ve been wanting to say for a long time. I applaud him for this bold & inspirational message.
6. Operation Gulf Rescue Ramps Up: One of my favourite non-profits—Sea Shepherd—is ramping up for its Gulf Rescue mission. I can not wait to see what they are able to accomplish! If there is any organization that I trust to get out there & make a difference, it’s Sea Shepherd.
7. Are Your Friends True or Toxic? Find out Now.: Are your relationships serving you well or is it time to cut some cords? This helpful post will guide you.
8. Passion Is Your Power: “When you seek the presence of your creative Spirit and are filled with passion about virtually everything you undertake, you’ll successfully remove the roadblocks from your life and enjoy the active presence of Spirit.”
- – – – – – – – -
To my friends in the United States, I hope that you have an absolutely gorgeous Independence Day weekend. I will be having fun in the sun, spending quality time with my loved ones, eating too much BBQ, & drinking good drinks. Sounds like heaven!
Where ever you are, be happy, be inspired, & create the life of your dreams.
In love & light,