On March 20th, 2016 my sweet girl turned one-year-old. We celebrated the day before with a great big pink and gold princess birthday party. It was such a fun and beautiful day. Our family and closest friends were with us to celebrate. We had great food, lots of love, and lots of fun. My baby girl is blessed to be surrounded by a family that loves her so very much.
I spent nine months planning her special day and her pink and gold princess party. I really wanted it to be a true celebration of her first year of her life–a celebration fit for my gorgeous Princess Marina Grace. I spent a lot of time searching for all of the perfect pieces for the day. From the venue, to the catering, to her outfit–every detail was carefully planned out with love and intention.
A few of my favorite details:
- Each child’s place setting came with a special treat–a magic wand for the girls and a golden sword for the boys
- Adults were greeted at their place settings by a piece of baby’s breath tucked into a handwritten name tag, placed on gorgeous handmade napkins from Dot & Army
- The centerpieces were designed by me & assembled by Ringwood Florist. There were several different flowers in various shades of pink–including Geraldine roses, Eucalyptus, and wax flowers.
- I didn’t like any of the vase options for the centerpieces. So I went with a square glass vase and then went to work on a little DIY project. I painted each vase with modge podge and then poured on gold sparkles. I’m obsessed with how they turned out
- Marina’s high chair was an antique that I found on Craiglist. I had my dad spray paint it white
- The cookies were from Flourish Sweet Shop, the smash cake was from Cake & Cupcakes, and my best friend made the cupcakes
- All of the catering was done by Kim’s Cafe & Catering. I designed cute little, tent cards for each food item to go with the princess theme, such as “Princess Pasta Salad” and “Beauty & the Beast Burgers”
- All of the printed items were designed by me and printed by my friends at Printing Images
- My hair & makup were done by my insanely talented friend, Gabrielle of Total Indulgence Salon
- The day was captured by our absolutely incredible photography team–Stolen Glimpses. I can’t say enough good things about Leda & Jeff and their gorgeous work. Taking off my photographer hat for a day and allowing someone else to capture the special moments in my life is always a hard thing. Stolen Glimpses nailed it
The day was a dream come true. Everything came together and I couldn’t be more grateful for the love & generosity that surrounded my sweet girl. I hope that one day she will look back at the pictures and see how truly loved she was from the very start.
More photographs from the day can be viewed here: Marina’s First Birthday Party Gallery.