Every Friday, I post my favourite links, posts, & resources from around the Web. Expect to learn, grow, & be inspired.
- – – – – – – – -
1. TRANSITIONS & FEAR AND PERMISSION: Two must-read post’s about dealing with change & overcoming fear from my new crush, Chris Guillebeau.
We make these rationalizations because we know that if we’re really going to acknowledge fear, if we’re really going to engage with it and find a way to overcome it, then it’s probably going to involve some kind of dramatic, uncomfortable, personal change.
Don’t try to be fearless or pretend you aren’t impacted by fear. Just try to prevent fear from making your decisions for you.
2. Tomorrow’s another day: The beautiful thing about the Move to Portugal blog is the raw honesty infused in each post. I always enjoy reading a blog that tells it like it is without trying to sugarcoat everything. “Tomorrow’s another day” is a short-but-sweet post about being disappointed, but understanding that another opportunity is always just around the corner. It reminds me of a favorite quote:
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday. —John Wayne
3. 11 things to do (and not do) when you’re burned out: Do you read Danielle LaPorte’s blog? At first I was put off by her. For some reason I thought she was arrogant. How silly? After watching some of her videos, I am smitten. She is beautiful & eloquent. I really enjoyed this post about being burned out because recently… I was. (No worries though, I’m getting my groove back.)
4. Stunning photographs of animals inside womb: This took . my . breath . away. No words, just look!
5. De-Oiled Birds: Good for BP, Bad for Birds & Post release survival of oil affected sea birds: If it’s not completely obvious by now, I am deeply affected by the BP Oil Spill. I have to pry myself away from reviewing the coverage sometimes. However, it is important to me that I stay informed about what’s going on and to continue to do my part. Check out these posts and decide for yourself: Should we be de-oiling the birds? I’d love to hear your take.
6. Goodbye to the office: Leave it to Seth Godin to push my buttons in all of the right ways. I could not agree more with this post—true, true, true! Offices & gas-guzzling commutes must become things of the past.
7. The end of busy: My favorite posts at Zen Habits are always the posts about Taoist philosophy and this one is no exception. Taoists prefer to work smart, not hard. How brilliant!
8. Top 5 reasons to celebrate mistakes at work: I just love the culture at Zappos, whatever I read about that place makes me swoon. This is a great post about how Zappos turned a “mistake” into a learning opportunity. Great advice for the workplace, but also for life in general.
9. Be Here Now: Dr. Dyer needs no introduction, does he? The man is a self-development genius. I don’t know why I only just now discovered his blog.
10. You’re Still Young, Do It While You Can: Despite the sound of the title, this post is actually a counter-argument to the idea. As Henry Ford once said: “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
- – – – – – – – -
Finally, I truly appreciate all of your support in helping me to spread my critical message about the BP oil spill in the Gulf. If you have not done so yet, please check out the post here: The Gulf Oil Spill & spread the message as far as you can!
Have a beautiful weekend.
In love & light,