There are so many things to love about summertime, but one of the best has to be live music. Am I right? I’m right. 😉 Last year I had to stay away from the music scene because we were dealing with Marina’s colic. But this year, I’m back at it. It’s so nice that both of my babies have reached an age where we can get out and do things.
Day trips are my favorite and when we can squeeze in some fun + some music, I call it the best day ever. Recently, I’ve popped Marina in the carrier and we’ve headed out to some local venues to check out a couple of local music festivals.
It’s been a blast for me — and my goodness — that baby girl loves to wiggle to the music! Adorable as can be.
In honor of the fact that Lollapalooza is just wrapping up, I thought I’d put together a little post to share the things that I carry in our “festival” bag, as well as a few tips for practical (and cute!) festival style.
1. Cottonelle® — Let’s be real, when you’re carrying around a toddler, things get Hot, with a capital H! It’s the best feeling to carry something in your bag, that leaves you feeling fresh and cool, no matter what. Cottonelle® knows it takes a bold confidence to go commando, but once you’ve got it – it makes all the difference. Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture is designed to clean better, so you’re clean & confident enough to go commando. Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture keeps you clean so you can rock out confidently this summer.
2. Sunscreen — I always carry something for me and something a little stronger for the babies. My daily moisturizer contains a bit of SPF, but I also carry an SPF 30 to put on my shoulders and back if we’ll be in the sun for awhile. I always keep the littles covered in SPF 50, all over.
3. Shades and Hats — We’ve got to keep our pretty eyes covered, too. I never leave home without my aviators and I’ve got an assortment of sunhats to keep the babies shaded at all times.
4. Comfy Shoes — How cute are Marina’s little “boho” sandals? I adore them. They keep her cool & comfortable. When it comes to festivals, I usually rock a pair of flat white sneakers or flip-flops. When you’re on your feet all day, comfort is key!
5. Simple, Stylish Accessories — Marina is just getting to the stage where her baby hair is growing close to her eyes. We’re not ready to cut it yet, but an adorable pink bow clip keeps it pinned up and out of the way. For me, I chose a simple choker of wooden beads, perfectly “festival chic.”
6. Cool Summer Dresses — Standing and rocking out in the sun all day requires comfort and coolness. I chose a light, airy crochet dress for Marina and a cool, gauzy dress for myself. In matching shades of sunshine yellow, of course.
7. Lip gloss — Last but not least… I keep my makeup light all summer, but I never leave home without a favorite, sweet & shiny gloss for my lips.
Alright, I think I’ve covered all of the basics! So what do you think? Are you headed to any festivals or fun, summery events soon? If you don’t have any plans, don’t worry. You can enter to win an all-inclusive trip to Wanderlust 108 Festival in Miami on October 22, RIGHT HERE! Good luck.
If you can think of any other festival “must-haves” that I missed, let me know in the comments. xo
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.